Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knitted Bags I am Working On








These are bags/purses/totes I am currently working on.
The first bag is knitted and will be felted. It will be a clutch style as it has built in handles. I love the touch of novelty yarn in the center.
The next two are felted, I need to add a handle and maybe a lining with a pocket.
Adding lining to these bags is such a drag! I can't just sew through all the layers with a machine, I have to hand sew the top and hand tack the bottom. And it takes a lot of measuring, sewing, cutting, and re-sewing to get the lining to lay right.
I didn't knit handles for any of these bags as I thought I would add something unique like beaded handles or bamboo, but nothing looks right.
This orange bag is ADORABLE! It is already felted PLUS I added dry needle felting with the cute circle/dots. It also needs a handle and lining. I ordered some handles for it, but when they arrived they were way too big. I can envision what I want, but finding the supplies is a whole 'nother matter.
The colors on the sixth bag are gorgeous with deep blue and shades of brown.
The last bag is a purse with a ruffled top edge. I think the ruffle will look cute once felted. I'm curious to see how the two colors together in the body of the bag will look.

No comments: