Sunday, April 01, 2007

Yarn Scraps

This was a GREAT swap! We each got a partner and just traded yarn remnants from our stash. The above photo is the beautiful assortment I received. The green is SO soft, I think I am going to make a lacey type of scarf on big needles that I can wear in the summer.
The orange, light gray, and the turquoise balls are of the same material and it is so cushy, I just love it. It feels like a cotton or cotton blend. The multi color ball is so fun looking! It would make a great sweater for Norah if I had more.

The bottom photo is what I sent out. My partner had posted that she likes to make scrap yarn afghans therefore, I tried to color coordinate the items. She also crochets edging on her afghans so I thought the vintage edging book would give her some stitch ideas.

I wish I knew how to knit a yarn remnant afghan, if you you know of any links or have any pictures you can direct me to, please do so in the comments section of this post. Thanks I sure would appreciate it. I am a scrap kind-of person and think I would love to create something like a remnant project.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: