Monday, February 19, 2007

More Swap goodies and ATCs


Have you heard 0f ATCs? They are Artist Trading Cards and are basically a small canvas for many styles of art. I've seen them stamped, collage, drawn, painted, 3-D, quilted, fabric and computer generated. Each is unique and most artists only create one design. An Artist may create a series or a number of cards that are similar. The one photographed above says on the back that it is #3 of 5. One requirement of the cards is that they measure 2.5" x 3.5".
The cards are frequently traded or swapped and not for sale.
You can find more information at these links:
Stampington & Company
ATC Trading Card Forum and Community
Wikipedia on Artist Trading Cards
ARTIST TRADING CARDS: A COLLABORATIVE CULTURAL PERFORMANCE

These two pictures are of ATCs that I received in the mail from Swap partners. It inspired me to try my hand at ATCs and I made a few tonight. I will post them later this week.


The cool thing about swapping is even the envelopes are fun! Look at these unique ones featuring stars and another with Mickey.


And you never know just what little treasure awaits in the mailbox. This is a tiny notebook. I don't know if my swap partner assembled it or not. I will be passing it on to the little girl we sponsor who lives in San Salvador.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: