Monday, February 26, 2007

Winter Scarf Knit Kit Swap




This is the package I sent to my Swap-Bot partner in the Winter Scarf Knit Kit Swap. Surprisingly she lives in the same state as I do!



The object of the swap was, "Brrrrr! It's cold outside! It's a great time to relax with a cup of cocoa or coffee and knit a scarf!
PLEASE read through the rules of the swap before signing up! :) DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO SEND YOUR PACKAGE!!!!!!!!
Participants in this swap will exchange a Winter Scarf Knit Kit containing:
Hot drink mix (at least 2 servings)- Coffee, cocoa, tea, hot cider mix, etc.
A mug
A scarf pattern
Knitting needles to use for the project
Enough yarn to complete the scarf pattern
Minimum kit value is $20
You can give your Knit Kit a winter theme, or any theme of choice...Valentine's Day, a yarn theme...whatever you like! Get creative, and have fun! Decorate a box according to your theme. Make a handmade note card to accompany the kit. Whatever you want to do! The goal is to give your partner a warm fuzzy evening of knitting, and a warm scarf to enjoy afterwards!! "

It was loads of fun picking all this out for someone. I found a beautiful mug the exact shade of Robin's Egg Blue at Target and loved the size, probably 12-14 oz. My partner loves tea so I shared with her one of my favorites, darjeeling.
The needles are from a company called Bryspun and they are supposed to soften and become flexible in your hands as you use them.
I sent her two scarf patterns. One is called the Potato Chip scarf and I got it from
the free patterns section at Knit Picks.
The other was a free scarf pattern at Lion Brand using Fun Fur yarn.
However, I sent her a luxurious yarn called Fizz in a dusky purple, pictured on the left.
Fizz has longer strands than Fun Fur and has a silkier feel.
I also sent a unique imported yarn, the brand is Baer and the style name is Franca. It is a blend of red and black and it looks like it would make a cute fashion scarf. I pictured it in the Potato Chip Scarf style pictured below.


No comments: